We spent Christmas Eve with good friends, completely frozen, and fending off kids who were trying to steal our view at National Harbor because they got there too late to get a good spot. We were waiting for a good while in the wind chill for a chance to see Santa skii before he headed off on his present delivering journey (although I'm pretty sure he probably should have already been gone by that point). Anyway, after 30 minutes of watching the Christmas characters no one really cares about slowly ride by and wave, 2 screaming 1 year olds, waves from the boats crashing on the rocks and splashing the very much polluted and nasty Potomac River on us, we scrapped the plan and headed for our cars. Santa is overrated.
After naps for everyone, we headed down the street to have dinner with our good friend who froze with us at National Harbor, and completely stuffed ourselves full. Ashton was in heaven with both ham and shrimp on the table. He ate enough for about 4 people.
I was worried matching footie jamas would not go over well with the older boys, but it was a huge hit. Talan said, "I ALWAYS WANTED THESE KIND OF JAMAS!" Ashton said, "AWESOME!!" Syphr didn't say anything, but he did immediately give me his jamas meaning he would like them on right then.
I didn't get many pictures Christmas morning. I underestimated the chaos of 3 super excited kids, presents, and keeping kids contained in a present wrapping area that was visible to our webcam so Brad could see via skype.
Santa brought us a PS3 this year, and a vinyl hopscotch on the floor. He was hoping to help me in my quest to make my house kid friendly for the winter to minimize boredom and whining. He succeeded.
Syphr got to do the honors of opening the first present of the morning. He took one little tear of paper off, saw it was something he could climb in and didn't care to know anything else. He just wanted to get in. The boys had to take the rest of the paper off because Syphr was not getting out any time soon. He now spends most of his days sitting in his Buzz Lightyear spaceship. Not moving, just sitting.
Talan got a plasma car. This has to be the most fun car around. It is propelled by turning the handle bars back and forth. All 4 of us have been caught riding on it several times a day. Love having wood floors.
Did I mention my goal to have my house like a playground for the winter? You can't have a playground without a slide.
We all sure did miss having Brad here with us, but we are ever so grateful for Skype and its ability to make our family as complete as it can be right now.
I love Christmas. And, I love my family.
1 comment:
looks like a great time was had by all, and your family picture almost made me cry, I love that Brad got to "be there" with you all.
Post a Comment