Thursday, December 23, 2010

Who doesn't love an early Christmas??

Since it was important for my mental state for Brad to be here for Syphr's surgery and recovery, and since he had to work anyway, we decided to have an early Christmas. Brad took all the leave he had saved (a whopping 7 days), and I scrambled to get all the Christmas shopping done in time (thank you internet). Luckily all the kids were on board for early festivities.

Our Christmas Eve started shortly after Ashton came home from school. We baked snicker doodle cookies for Santa, Talan decided Santa's favorite drink was pumpkin egg nog, opened our traditional new pajamas which we immediately put on, and went for a drive to Winter Wonderland. It was a super fun way to celebrate the season. There were even a couple snow flurries so technically the BRATS family did have a white Christmas. Even though we had to say goodbye to Brad once again, I think it was one of my most favorite Christmas'.  I think we all value our time we can spend together much more when Brad is home since it is not so often. (only five more months) I sure do love my family.

Syphr stayed up extra late so he could ride shotgun through wonderland. 


Apparently it was awesome when the camera flash went off while they were wearing their 3d glasses.  I'm just glad they can still see. 


My four favorite guys!

This is day 2 of the monkey band aid on Talan's head. It lasted until the end of day 4 and he was forced to remove it. 

 


Syphr likes to unwrap presents


No idea Tal made this face, but it is fitting. 


Robe and slippers waiting in the morning.

We actually had to wake Talan up. 

Santa brought us a second wii so we could race Brad in Mario Kart from half way across the country, and so we can stream netflix to the tv. 



When no one was looking Syphr rolled over and grabbed onto one of his presents and pulled as hard as he could. 

Who doesn't love a mini slinky

I love that Sy just opened a load of new fun baby toys and all he wanted was the paper.

I didn't really take many photos. We were having too much fun. Ashton's big present this year was a ticket to go visit Brad....by himself.....in February for 8 days. I'm still uneasy about this one, but I've been reassured all will be well by the Frontier Airlines staff.  Talan raked in some awesome cowboy stuff although I was unaware that his definition of a cowboy shirt is a shirt with a cowboy on it, not a shirt a cowboy might wear. And Syphr got a super cool new bouncer which he can't use for at least a couple more weeks. He does have fun looking at it though. Brad was spoiled with a new android phone, and I am actually hoping it gets a lot colder so I can see if my new amazingly cute and stylish winter boots really do keep my feet warm up to -40 degrees. 

None of us in the BRATS family will complain about presents or getting new things, but we do also remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas and know it is not so much about a fat man and 9 reindeer who bring us presents and eat all our cookies, but about the birth of Jesus and the love that Heavenly Father has for us. For that we are all grateful.

No comments: