Tuesday, February 2, 2010

He holds high hopes for his old age

If it wasn't for Farley Elementary's 100th day of school celebration I might not have had a glimpse into Ashton's triple digit years.

This is what Ashton believes he will look like when he turns 100:





I have to say though, if at 100 years old you are still standing up right and only have to walk with a cane and an eye patch, you're doing pretty good.

Just when I thought he was going to have an amazing year in 2102 I read the story of his 100th birthday party. Here is Ashton in his own words...

At my 100th birthday party I am planning to have lots of fruit. I will die on my 100th birthday party. I will have no cake. I will only wish for shampoo. I would have it by myself. Those are the things I plan on doing on my 100th birthday party.

Despite being incredibly depressing, it also gives me hope that one day he will actually want to wash his hair, and he will choose healthy foods over cake.

3 comments:

A. Pearce said...

Awesome! LOL. John thinks having cake instead of fruit might keep him alive for a day or two.

Jessi said...

I LOVE this! We just did the 100th day of school where I am student teaching and the kids drew themselves at 100! Soo funny, I love Ashton's eye patch the best though!

shamers said...

Is the eye patch because he's old or because of his earlier career as a pirate?

He is a seriously awesome kid.