I only have one issue with Miss Stitt. Its not a life threatening issue, although it did almost cause me to give myself lead poisoning. I first noticed on meet the teacher night. Actually the first thing I noticed that night was the really short skirt I thought was inappropriate to wear when meeting the parents of your future students, but that is beside the issue.
During meet the teacher night we all sit at our child's desk and hear from the teacher what the kids will be doing during the year. After 3 sentences I noticed a pattern. Miss Stitt apparently loves to use the phrase "and stuff"." Not being smart enough myself to bring a spiral notebook with me to record my personal issues with the teacher like someone else I know (not naming names), I did the only thing I could. I have no idea what Miss Stitt said that night. (except when she said parents are not invited and stuff to birthday celebrations and stuff in class.) All I know is that I used Ashton's number 2 pencil to tally on my palm all the time she uttered the annoying phrase during her 15 minute speech. I had 26 tally marks on my hand.
Last week was the dreaded parent teacher conference. Not for Ashton. He's awesome in school, and always "makes his day" (still not sure what that means. It was probably covered on Meet the Teacher night.) Upon arrival in the Farley Elementary parking lot Brad and I made a friendly bet as to how many times we would hear "and stuff." The prize was nothing more than bragging rights. We figured conferences only lasted about 20 minutes at the most. Brad guessed 13, and I guessed 17. We entered the room and sat down with Miss Stitt. This time Brad caught on to something different. Maybe she can hear our thoughts of annoyance at her overused phrase, because now she is saying "and everything". Not one "and stuff."
Then it happened. Because you know I have amnesia child who doesn't remember anything about his day once the clock hits 3:45pm, and I was too busy giving myself lead poisoning on meet the teacher night to hear the schedule of the kids during the day. So I asked what the kids did every day. Miss Stitt went into a 10 minute talking binge, possibly without even breathing. That 10 minute speech gave us our champion.
Brad won. She said it 12 times.
3 comments:
I just love your stories. You just crack me up and "Stuff"!
Funny!
you guys are too funny! It makes me wonder though... do I have any annoying habits that you've noticed? hmm... ;)
Post a Comment