1. I'm allergic to Kansas. It is winter and my allergies started when we got to Kansas and quit when we got to Virginia.
2. I hate flying. Holy turbulence. I nearly threw up.
3. Talan can wear clothes meant for dogs.
4. I like dodge chargers.
5. Apparently this was the present Ashton had been waiting for all his life. 2 foam swords, a foam pirate shield and a freaky mask.
6. I may be the only person who DID NOT know this...you dont actually have to get rental car insurance.
7. My family is incredibly boring. On christmas we pretty much sat around the table and stared at each other. My mom talked about geese, while no one listened because we had all heard the story a few times, and my sister pretended to gouge her eye out with her fork when no one was looking. How I came to be so exciting and entertaining is beyond me. :)
8. Talan has no "routine" in Kansas. He did not have any meltdowns when 6:30 rolled around and he had not gotten his bath. However, today at 6:30 he had a meltdown because he was not in the tub. Go figure.
9. 2 adults and a baby do NOT fit well in a double size bed
10. If I say I can't breathe Brad has to lay by the baby thus Brad wakes up with him. :) I really couldn't breathe though.
11. Topeka, Kansas is incredibly boring and is full of country bumpkins.
12. I don't want to live somewhere it snows. I'm more of a "vacation to the snow" type of girl
13. My dad apparently told my 13 year old neice that I said she was a good babysitter, but I'm prejudice. Whatever that means. If I remember correctly, I'm not the one that said to their child, if you ever date a black guy we'll disown you.
14. There are 4 specific things I never ever want to hear my mother say again. That's all I have to say about that.
15. You should not drive in a blizzard. That only equals trouble. (this is directed at the 32 car pileup on I-70. My dad somehow escaped that. It is a really interesting story that I don't believe is all true if you ever want to hear it.
16. Brads dad is incredibly inappropriate, but oh so funny! We saw PS I Love You with Brads family and there is a line in the movie where a man says, "I want to date a woman that likes men." Then the movie was quiet for a second and my father-in-law yells out..."GOOD LUCK" oy! That was not nearly as inappropriate as him comparing the temple elevators with the casino elevators while in the temple in front of a temple worker or speaking german in the holocaust museum.
17. I packed way too much!!!
18. After you go through security there is no food or drinks in the Kansas City airport. You have to go out and back through security.
19. Ashton likes Kansas better than Virginia until there is a playstation involved.
20. Heeley's are very unsafe. I think I'm getting old.
21. Snow ice cream? Must be a mormon thing. I've never heard of anyone making it. I never had it made for me as a kid, but I guess we lived in Southern California and didn't have snow. Even so...I still feel a little jipped. Talan liked the snow and snow ice cream.
22. Presents are so much better with bows.
23. Christmas with 2 kids is way more fun than christmas with 1.
What a trip.
2 comments:
Please tell me you got Heeleys for Christmas. If so, I can't wait to see you glide around in them. Tell Brad I love the Dr. Pepper pjs. And I knew the mask, swords and shield would be a hit.
I'm so glad you are back!
so glad you're back! e has been begging for ashtee for like 40 months.
Post a Comment